McAfee Security Software provides a protective shield around your device to keep it secure from unwanted viruses and spyware. McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the products of Mcafee Software that avails users to have parental control to monitor all the data and files in their computers. Software is used by various big-enterprises across the world and along with data protection, it also provides a safe browsing experience by controlling your internet services. the software is fully capable to keep your business and personal information secure from breaches. However, while uninstalling the McAfee Endpoint Security in windows 10, there are some issues that you might encounter. In this article, we will help you to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security from your device successfully.
But before leading to the uninstallation process of McAfee Endpoint Security, Let us first have a look at some of the reasons that might cause you to do this.
Why do you need to Uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security?
While using the McAfee Endpoint Security, here are some of the issues that you might encounter.
- Getting issues while accessing the System data as the endpoint Security tool manages that data on your system by interacting and creating some policies for your system.
- While installing the Endpoint Security Software on your device, If you have enabled the endpoint Security to exploit prevention then you are likely to experience a complete blue screen on your device.
- The blocked System’s Security policies for TLS and SSL might create an issue and damage the core system of the Mcafee Anti-Malware program.
- Due to some issues, there is an error while installing the Mcafee Web Extension in your browser.
- while trying to update or install the software, if you have unknowingly deleted some important files of the Mcafee Endpoint Security then you might get an error while updating the software on your PC.
- Failure while updating the Mcafee Endpoint Security System on your device.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security Software
Method: 1 Run frminst.exe file
- Close all the programs and open the McAfee Security Software Console.
- Now Open the EPO Console Services from your device and click on System Directories.
- Now click on the Expand button of the program policies to edit them.
- Now near the product policies option, click on the edit option.
- Choose the Protection policies option and then just disable the McAfee Security Software services and then click on Apply to save the changes.
- Press the Windows+E key to open the windows explorer window and then go to C:\ drive and then open the program files folder.
- Open the Mcafee folder and look for the frminst.exe file.
- Run the file.
After successfully executing the frminst.exe file, it will prompt you to restart your device to completely remove all the McAfee related files from your device. However, If you are still unable to Uninstall McAfee Endpoint Security from your device then you can proceed to the next method.
Method: 2 Try Uninstalling some McAfee Features
If you are getting a blue screen while installing the McAfee Endpoint security then you can try uninstalling some features of McAfee Software to fix this issue. You can proceed with the uninstallation of McAfee Endpoint security by following the methods mentioned below.
- Shut down all the programs and open the Control Panel Window.
- Now go to the program and features window.
- From the available list of programs, choose McAfee Firewall and Threat protection program, and then click on Uninstall/Change option at the top.
- Now Enter “McAfee” As a password if it’s promoted and then click on uninstall
- Now, wait until the Uninstallation process completes.
Once you have uninstalled this application, now try uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5 from your device. If the error still persists then try the next given method.
Method: 3 Use McAfee Product Removal Tool
To Make it easier for the user to uninstall or Upgrade the Security software on your device, McAfee Provides Endpoint Removal Tool and Endpoint Upgrade Assistance. these tools are designed to completely remove the McAfee Software files from your device. You can use any of the applications.
- Open a Browser and download the McAfee Removal tool on your device.
- Log in to your McAfee Account and then download the latest release of the software.
- Now run the download file using the McAfee ePO Console.
- After this enter –accept–VSA–MA to remove all the Mcafee Related program from your device.
So these are some of the Quick ways that you can use if you are getting an error while Uninstalling Mcafee Endpoint Security. In case, you need any kind of assistance to troubleshoot this error then you can contact McAfee Customer Service.