McAfee is one of the leading companies in providing complete security solutions for your system, mobile devices, and other devices. With all the advanced features provided, you can keep your device safer than ever. It is a must to have security software present on your system to keep it away from malware attacks but, you need to pay for the subscription to this antivirus software. For McAfee also, you need to pay for the subscription. Now, if you had a McAfee subscription and it is now over, it’s time to renew it. To keep using the software on your system, you need to renew the subscription as soon as possible. Whenever your subscription will end, you will get a prompt saying McAfee subscription expired.
Unfortunately, there are also scams related to McAfee renewal. This McAfee subscription expired pop-ups can be a scam sometimes. So, to prevent you from such scams, we have come up with this guide. We have explained to you how you can disable these McAfee renewal pop-ups and how you can know when the subscription is expired.
Methods to Check McAfee Subscription
If you use McAfee on your system, you need to check the last date of your subscription and make sure to activate it before it expires. You need to know that there is no window period for which your system is going to be safe with the expired McAfee subscription. Below we have explained to you how you can check McAfee subscriptions on different platforms.
Steps to Check on Your System
To start with, you need to verify that you have a subscription to your system
• For this, you need to open Mcafee.com/activate by visiting the taskbar on the system.
• Now, on the screen find the option indicating verify the subscription.
• When done, a permission prompt will appear on the screen and then you need to choose the Yes option.
• The subscription permission will then open up on the screen and then you will have to check the validity of your subscription.
Steps to Check on McAfee Website
Now, the next method is to check the McAfee subscription on the McAfee website. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
• To start with, you will have to go to the McAfee official website. On the website, look for the sign-in option.
• You will then have to use your credentials and sign in to the account.
• After this, in the next prompt, choose the system for which you are checking the McAfee renewal
• Now, the complete subscription information will appear on the screen including the date of expiry and purchase.
In case you are not able to check the McAfee subscription expiry date, we suggest you do it from the My info tab on your system.
• On the My info tab, you will be able to see the complete information about the software
• One thing that you have to make sure of is that the expiration mentioned on the product and the one appearing on the screen must be the same.
• In case it is not the same, you will have to contact the support team.
Steps to Renew McAfee Subscription
Now that the McAfee subscription has expired on your system, you need to renew it as soon as possible. To renew the software on the system, here are all the steps mentioned below.
• To start with, you will have to visit the official McAfee website.
• On the website, you will have to go to the sign option.
• There, you will have to type your credentials and enter them into your account.
• When done, you will have to go to the My account option
• Under this, choose the subscription option.
• Now, choose the renew option.
• Follow the steps appearing on the screen to complete the McAfee renewal process.
Steps to Cancel McAfee Subscription
In case you have purchased a McAfee subscription and now you are not satisfied with the services, you can also cancel the subscription when needed. To cancel the subscription, follow the steps mentioned below.
• First, visit the official McAfee website and then choose the login option.
• In the next prompt, you will have to type the credentials properly.
• When done, in the account window, hover to auto-renewal settings.
• You will have to turn it off and then when the confirmation prompt will appear o the screen, choose yes.
Steps to Disable McAfee Pop-ups
Renewed the McAfee subscription and still, McAfee renewal pop-ups appear on the screen? Do not want to worry, you can get rid of them easily. Here are the steps that can help you reduce these pop-ups to a certain extent.
• First, you will have to open the McAfee application on the system and then go to the dashboard.
• You will then have to choose the navigation option and then go to the next option.
• Next, you will have to hover to the general settings and alert option.
• If you wish to turn off pop-ups manually, you will have to choose information alerts and the protection alert option.
• Next, uncheck the box to receive pop-ups.
• Click on the Ok button and save the changes made.
McAfee Subscription Scam
Sometimes, you come across McAfee renewal pop-ups even when there is a lot of time remaining for your subscription to expire. Usually, these are scam pop-ups that you get on the screen.
These pop-ups can also be considered as malware sources that can be harmful to your system. Also, these can be created or sent by malicious websites that can bring the virus to your system. They usually send these pop-ups and when you click on them, they get access to your personal information or maybe get access to your system.
So, you need to make sure not to fall for these scams. Make sure to download the applications from the official website only and also, check for the expiry dates and updates from the official website only.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee
In case you no longer want to use McAfee on your system, you need to completely uninstall it from the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
• First, open control panel on your system
• You will then have to choose the uninstall a program option.
• A list of all the installed programs will appear on the screen.
• Look for McAfee and then click on it.
• Choose to uninstall the application. Wait for the process to complete.
• On completion, start your system again.
Read More: How to add devices in McAfee?
So, if the McAfee subscription has expired, you will have to renew it to keep using it. But, you will have to always keep a check on the expiry date of the software so that you can renew it. In case you still have any doubts, contact the support team.