After installing and activating the McAfee Security Software in your device, If you are getting an error message while opening a website on the Google Chrome browser then it might be because of some update issue. When you will try opening a website then you will get an error message that says “Unable to connect. there is some issue with McAfee VSE Application”. Hence, in order to fix this error, you will be needed to check it.
In this article, we will help you with some quick ways to troubleshoot this error. generally, the blocking of the google chrome browser occurs because of some configuration issue with the McAfee VSE application firewall or because of an update issue. Since both of these are required to keep your device secure from Web threat. hence, McAfee blocks the google chrome browser.
Methods to fix McAfee Blocked Google Chrome Issue
If you have got this issue then there is nothing to worry about. You can easily unblock the google chrome browser. You need to follow the steps given below:
- Close all the other programs and open the Google chrome browser.
- Now from the top-right corner, open the notifications panel.
- Click on the McAfee Application from the opened drop-down menu.
- Select the application and right-click on it.
- From the opened drop-down menu, choose the settings option, and then go to the firewall tab.
- now the McAfee Internet Security window will be open on the screen. here you will see all the firewall properties of the software.
- Now click on the internet Connection options and then make the required changes in the software.
- However, while enabling the google chrome software, ensure that the internet Guest option is disabled.
After completing this, close the window and then restart your device to make the changes effective. Now open your browser and try accessing a website to check if the connection is established or not. If it still showing an error then you can contact McAfee Customer Service. the team at McAfee Assistance will help you to resolve this error quickly.
Use McAfee console to fix Mcafee Blocking Google Chrome issue
You can also make use of the McAfee Security Center software to resolve this issue. You can unblock google chrome from the software itself. Follow the steps given below.
- Double-click on the McAfee Security Center icon to open it.
- Now from the opened window, Go to the navigation bar and click on the Navigation feature and then choose a firewall from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Internet Connection option and a window with a list of all the applications will be displayed on the screen.
- Now go through the list and locate the google chrome application and select it.
- Now click on the edit menu and then change the access settings to full from none.
- Click on Save and then close to complete the process.
So this way you can unblock google chrome using McAfee Security Center Software. In case, you are unable to find the Google Chrome application in the list of all the applications then you can add it. You need to click on the Add application and then search from the google chrome application and choose it. Follow the instructions as prompted and make the required changes. Now click on Save and then close to complete the process.
After this, open a browser and try accessing a website to check if the error has been resolved or not. In case, you are getting this issue in your android smartphone then you can fix it by altering the settings of your browser. You can also follow the steps given below to fix this issue.
Steps to fix McAfee Blocked Google Chrome issue on Smartphone
- Open the settings of your smartphone device and then open the installed apps.
- now from the Manage app panel, locate and open the google chrome application.
- open the properties and then change its restricted data usage properties.
- Now change the settings to none and then close the window.
After this, open your browser and try opening a website. This will completely fix the error. However, In case you are getting an error while opening a particular website then you will be needed to remove the website from pop-ups settings and redirects. This will fix the issue and you can then successfully connect your website. If you are new to McAfee and need to know how to Activate McAfee with the product key then have a look at this. If you need some assistance regarding McAfee Software then feel free to contact McAfee Customer Service.