McAfee creates a firewall against your system to keep it secure from any kind of web threat. however, you might get an error while connecting the Printer to your computer if you are using McAfee Live Console. this issue generally occurs because of an enabled firewall in your device. the McAfee firewall might block the connection. These issues even occur when you try downloading a new game into your device and the antivirus program forfeit the downloading process. hence, You need to disable the McAfee firewall temporarily in order to successfully add the printer to your computer.
In this article, we will go through all the necessary ways through which you can disable McAfee Firewall and connect the printer.
Methods to Turn Off McAfee Firewall
Our team of experts has mentioned below some of the Quick ways through which you can turn off the McAfee firewall on Mac, Windows 7, and Windows 10.
Disable McAfee Firewall on Mac
- Open the McAfee Live Console Software on your Mac Device.
- Now go to the applications and then choose the settings option on the top-right corner.
- after this, choose the real-time settings option and a new window will be open on the screen.
- locate and click on the “Lock” logo on the Real-time settings window.
- Now, you will be needed to enter your McAfee Account password in order to confirm the authorization.
- close the window and again click on the setting gear option.
- Now from the drop-down list, choose the firewall Settings option.
- from the firewall window, simply turn off McAfee firewall by toggling the switch and then close the program.
Once you are done, Go to the Printers and hardware window and complete the installation process. However, While disabling McAfee Firewall, ensure that the windows defender is enabled.
Method: 2 Disable McAfee Firewall on Windows 10 and 7
- Go to the McAfee Live Console dashboard and then click on applications.
- Now choose the settings option from the top-right corner and a drop-down list will appear on the screen.
- Choose the firewall settings option and a new window will be open on the screen.
- Now when you will toggle the switch to turn off the McAfee firewall, it will redirect you to a new window.
- Here, you will be able to set the time on which you want to enable the McAfee firewall again.
this option will disable the McAfee Firewall temporarily for a time interval of 15-90 minutes. However, it is advised to enable the firewall quickly right after completing the setup process as without a firewall, your system can become vulnerable to viruses and malware. Hence, to keep your system safe and protected, you need to turn on the McAfee firewall quickly.
Method 3: Change Printer Preferences
There are some instances where you might encounter an error while connecting the printer to your device because of some issue in the McAfee applications. Even after connecting the printer device to a private network, you might still not get able to make the prints. However, you can fix this issue by adding the printer to system preferences. you can follow the steps given below to complete the process.
- Go to the desktop screen and click on the Apple Logo. it will open a drop-down list.
- Now choose the system preferences option from the list and then locate and open the printers and scanners option.
- Now from the opened window, click on the (+) sign.
- Now, if you are unable to see any printers on the list then open the McAfee application.
- Go to the top-right corner of the Mcafee console and click on the Settings option.
- Now click on the firewall settings window to change the network type.
- Now from the firewall setting window, change the network type from public to work mode.
- Now close the Mcafee Console window and open the system preferences window again.
- Access the printers and scanners folder and then click on the “+” sign.
- Now you will be able to see the name of the printer on the list.
- Choose the printer and then click on save.
- now close all the windows and restart your device.
So this way you can successfully disable the McAfee Firewall from your mac and Windows device and connect the printer successfully. We have tried our best to help you with the best possible solution to resolve your issue. However, In Case you have any queries related to this article then you can contact McAfee Customer Service. they have a team of experts who can help you with an efficient solution to resolve this error quickly. They can also help you with the uninstalling of McAfee endpoint Security successfully.